Friday, November 7, 2008

JAMSKATE WHOOO OH OH OH


QUINTRON & MISS PUSSYCAT - TOO THIRSTY 4 LOVE

So other than Late Young / Mi Ami / other local wonders, I have found it hard to get into new music. No, it isn't out of some sort of record-toting pretension or wistful nostalgia. Its just so much easier to weed through archives of has-been bands to find genius than it is to go through the trial and error of live shows! Actually, I'm exaggerating for writing's sake - I love seeing terrible music. But back to the point. Quintron and Miss Pussycat. I've loved them ever since I listened to "Are You Ready For An Organ Solo?", and have been lucky enough to catch them in San Francisco twice.



Seeing Quintron live always has profound outcomes. The first time at 12 Galaxies an "orgy pit" started off to one side of the stage, and my show-buddy Jacob wanted to see what it was about. Two steps in some greasy girl who smelled like onions was grabbing my boobs so I opted out. After the show some guy who was deep in the action offered us Sushi. That was weird. Quintron brings the love.



The second, and most recent time I saw Quintron was at Ghost Town Gallery in Oakland (pictures here). By the time their set began, I think it was already 1:30am so everyone was running on that zombie-adrenaline you get from forcing yourself to stay awake. Once again, love filled the air and after two songs in we were all dancing like Bez from the Happy Mondays.



I've played their new album, "Too Thirsty 4 Love" twice in a row already. Here are two of my favorite songs. I uploaded them onto my server for you:

Freedom
Model Ex Citizen




xox zana

No comments:

About Me

My photo
contributors & growing:


Ryan
Dion
Moses
Zana